Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

"I Really Apologise" Ian Njoroge, 19, Finally Pleads For Forgiveness To Cop Whom He Assaulted


In a meeting arranged by former Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko, Njoroge expressed his deep regret and asked for forgiveness from the officer and the state.

On Friday, June 14, 2024, Njoroge met with the officer he assaulted, Jacob Ogendo. He looked frail and had his arm in a sling, possibly due to injuries related to the incident. 

Despite his condition, he took full responsibility for his actions. “I would like to take this chance to offer my apologies to the state and also Mr. Jacob Ogendo. I am really sorry and it will never happen again. I am just saying I am really sorry,” Njoroge said.

The incident happened earlier this month and quickly spread on social media, showing Njoroge attacking Officer Ogendo during a traffic stop. 

Many Kenyans were outraged by the video and called for Njoroge to be held accountable for his actions. The police department also condemned the assault and promised to ensure justice would be served.

During the meeting, Njoroge seemed genuinely remorseful. He acknowledged the severity of his actions and how they not only hurt the officer but also disrespected the law. 

Njoroge’s apology was directed not only to Officer Ogendo but also to the state of Kenya. He recognized that his behavior was unacceptable and promised to make amends. 

"I know what I did was wrong. I want to assure everyone that this will not happen again. I am committed to being a better citizen," Njoroge said.


“Forgiveness is one thing, but justice must still take its course,” Ogendo remarked. He hoped the incident would serve as a lesson to others about the importance of respecting the law and those who enforce it.




Post a Comment

0 Comments